Part 1 and
If your operating system
won't play the above
audio files, you can
read the comments here.
Click here to return to Tour of Years 1974
Arrested: Linda Schneider, Lynn Ryan, Dorothea Von Hollen, Allen Franzel (should be Frenzel), Thomas McDonough, Robert Freeman, Michael Winer
|From the Cromwell Hills Chronicle Summer of 1975
or blown upA Threat to our Community Bill Schaeffer
The recent police road blocks and continuoues surveillance of
Cromwell Hills painfully manifested how grave the problems with our
youth have become. Indeed, our conversations with the Township
police indicate that the problems have grown to alarming proportions
and could even threaten human lives. Our small community has experi-
enced the following serious incidents within the last two weeks:
- Large rocks thrown at passing cars. (Brent)
- A near "rumble" that would have involved bats and chains
as weapons. (the Crew vs. Madison)
- A fire deliberately set on the field. (Harry)
- Mailboxes smashed at night. (Vince) → → → →
- Rocks thrown through picture windows. (Brent)
- Parties involving alcohol held on the field. (the Crew)
- Cars speeding on the streets at late hours. (J5, Howie, Clete, et al.)
Individually these acts are disturbing; collectively they are outrageous.
They clearly demonstrate a lack of parental control on the part of some
of the parents of Cromwell Hills.
Many of our youth would like us to believe that outsiders are
Perhaps the answer is that Cromwell is "where the action is"?
See more clippings from around Morristown: